June 17, 2017
Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Hash Browns
Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, break into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or more for frying
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup besan flour, or chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch, or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water, (optional)
- Process cauliflower and onion in a food processor or grate with a box grater until crumbly.
- Transfer riced cauliflower mixture into a large bowl.
- Add besan flour/chickpea flour, arrowroot starch, garlic powder, salt, water and stir to combine.
- Divide batter into 6 equal portions, shape into patties, about 3 x 2 inches.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 2 or 3 patties and cook for 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip patties and cook for about another 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter until finished.
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide! Click here to download!
Original Source: http://healthiersteps.com/recipe/gluten-free-vegan-cauliflower-hash-browns/