July 25, 2017
Oil Free Roasted Pizza Chickpeas
Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
- 2 cups chickpeas (cooked or canned and drained)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl.
- If using, drizzle the coconut oil over the chickpeas and toss. If making an oil-free version skip to the next step.
- Spread the spices evenly over the chickpeas and toss. Some of the spices will stick to the sides of the bowl, try and scrape as much out as your can with a spatula. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and shake them around and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and let cook for 5-10 minutes! Enjoy.
- Without oil the chickpeas won’t get as crispy. Instead they will be a little chewy, which is also tasty!
- As these pizza chickpeas cool completely they will soften a little more.
- Store in a glass container on your counter. They will keep this way for about 3 days. Otherwise, store in your fridge for up to 5-7 days.
- Add ¼-½ cup to leafy green or grain salads for extra oomph!
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide! Click here to download!