April 24, 2018
Healthy Caramel Apples
Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates lightly packed
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy milk to soak dates
- 3 1/2 - 4 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or the seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/8 tsp rounded sea salt
- couple pinches freshly grated nutmeg optional
- 4-6 organic apples or more, depending on size
- popsicle sticks or spoons
- First, combine the dates with the non-dairy milk in a bowl. Let soak for about an hour. Then, drain the dates, gently pushing the excess milk through a sieve.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, combine the dates with the almond butter, vanilla, and sea salt (and nutmeg, if using). Process until very smooth, scraping down the processor bowl as needed, and puree again. This will take several minutes. Transfer to a container and refrigerate.
- When ready to coat your apples, insert a popsicle stick into the stem end of each apple (if you don’t have any sticks handy, try inverting a spoon so you insert the handle into the apple and you hold the rounded ‘spoon’ end).
- Then, simply lift the apple and use a butter knife or spatula to coat your apples with the caramel (not too thick as the caramel is very sweet, but thick enough for it to be substantial and for the toppings to adhere).
- Place in a container or on a tray or baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and serve, or refrigerate for up to a day before serving.
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide! Click here to download!
Original source: https://dreenaburton.com/sugar-free-vegan-caramel-apples/